This ANZAC Day in Wellington, The Great War Exhibition will open at 6:30 a.m. to welcome visitors who have attended the 6 a.m. memorial service at Pukeahu National War Memorial Park, next door.
A full list of ANZAC memorial services is available at The Ministry of Culture and Heritage and the Wellington City Council. After attending memorial services for our ANZAC troops, visitors are welcome to explore The Great War Exhibition at their leisure.
We have a variety of attractions with the Exhibition, including:
- Women’s War, our touring exhibition
- Sir Peter Jackson’s new Quinn’s Post Trench Experience – as close as you can get to experiencing what happened at Galipolli
- Tours with our knowledgeable guides
- The main Exhibition in the Great Hall, which takes you, year by year, through the First World War
- The ANZ Gallipoli gallery, which contains hundreds of digitally-colourised images from the Galipolli, and a diorama of Chunuk Bair
- A themed cafe area, serving tea, coffee and cookies
We welcome you to explore an important part of New Zealand’s history.